Ramadan 2020

The smile of my mother that crinkled her eyes
The chatter of my siblings that filled the void in my chest
The rotation of dishes on a small yet lively table
The inescapable bickering over that last bit of fried food
The tears that wouldn't stop rolling during those long sacred nights
That's how we spent the month of blessings.

A month that I have embraced with all my heart and soul. A month that helped me get through the most difficult phase of my existence. We often find ourselves running towards worldly pleasures, but most of us end up forgetting that we do need spiritual food for our bruised and battered souls. I never paid heed to spirituality, and found myself constantly gravitating towards all that is worldly and temporary. It unfortunately didn't heal my soul. There's nothing you can do when you're stuck amid issues that you cannot resolve. It only disrupts your peace, and makes you feel weak and vulnerable. That's what I felt the entire month, but my faith kept me sane. My faith alone helped me heal and recover. The entire world is in pieces right now. It saddens me that so many families have lost their loved ones due to covid19. I'd recommend you all to say a prayer for those who have departed for the hereafter. None of us will ever be able to erase 2020 from our memories. It's a bad year; full of despair and sorrows. I'm certain we'll survive. We'll somehow find solace. I always put my trust in the One, the One who created me and have been looking after me ever since. The One who gives me courage and hope when I'm at my lowest. We need to realise and acknowledge the fact that He is the best planner, He controls everything. I sought His mercy throughout Ramadan because I wanted to seek His approval, and wanted to do what's right. Allah SWT is closer to you than your jugular vein. I'm ending this post with one of my favourite verses from the Quran:

Verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.
(94:6)

Thanks for reading. See you next time! x

2 comments:

  1. Good going girl! You proved yourself to be smarter for your age. You learned very quickly how to cope up with life's unpredictably and understood that you only live once.I'm glad you found yourself a best teacher ,THE QURAN.
    Plus the book by Yasmin mogahed is very heart touching.It gives you perspective.
    I wish you all the very best. Best is yet to come deary!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top